LibreOffice is an open source office suite, which is compatible with most major office suite file types. LibreOffice is the leading free desktop-style alternative to Microsoft Office.
LibreOffice productivity suite is made up of six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs. These are:
- Writer – A word processing application that can “open” and “save as” Microsoft Word documents
- Calc – A spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel that can “open” and “save as” Excel files
- Impress – A presentation application like Microsoft PowerPoint
- Draw – A line-drawing application good for the creation or editing of vector files
- Math – A math solver and formula formatter
- Base – A database application that you can use for the creation of a flat-file database. You can also manage and access almost any standard flat-file or relational database format.
LibreOffice also comes configured with a PDF file creator. This means you can convert files to PDFs to distribute documents that can be opened and read by users of almost any computing device or operating system.
Proprietary applications it could replace:
- Microsoft Office suite on both Mac and Windows
- Apple Pages (on Mac)
- Apple Numbers (on Mac)
- Apple Keynote (on Mac)
For a list of other Open Source applications, visit our “Useful Resources” page
Please forward this newsletter to others you think would like to subscribe!